Just over one month to go! And today I’ve reached the 35/35 milestone (35 weeks pregnant and 35 days to go). The last couple of weeks I’ve noticed that while I still have some time to go, my body seems to be getting ready (or at least moving in that direction) to give birth. Two possible signs: my steady weight gain has seemed to slow down and some of my Braxton Hicks are quite a bit more intense than they’ve been.
Life has been moving super fast. Work is busy, we were both a part of a friend’s wedding last weekend, I’ve been nesting like crazy, my parents came into town and we’re still working on the kitchen remodel. Right about now, I’m pretty happy that I decided early on to keep the month of July open, with no plans.
A couple of weekends ago, J ran Grandma’s marathon. After a lot of going back and forth, I decided to take the trip and I’m really glad I did. It was fun to cheer on J and his brother-in-law and all of the runners and it’s always good to spend time with J’s sister and our nephews. I have to admit, I’m glad J is done with marathon training (for now). It’s nice to have him around more often
Overall, I’m feeling pretty good. Sleep is still no bueno and I had a migraine a couple of days ago, but seeing a chiropractor has really helped me feel pretty decent during the day. Although, I’m glad I can work from home pretty often because I need to change positions frequently throughout the day. Our last doctor appointment was exciting — our doctor said that basically, baby could come any day now (hopefully he will wait a bit longer, but he could come now and they wouldn’t try to stop labor at this point). He’s also still head down, which is great. He’s not in the greatest position yet (his back end is on one side and legs/feet on the other) but we still have time, so I’m trying not to freak out yet!
We got some things knocked off the to-do list, including:
- Finished up all of our childbirth education classes
- Loaded Hypnobabies tracks on my iPhone and the iPad
- Washed a couple loads of baby clothes and blankets
- Bought some items for postpartum recovery
- Purchased some things off of our registry (like our diaper bag (!) and the baby monitor) since our next baby shower isn’t until September
Priorities for the next couple of weeks
- Install car seat and have it inspected
- Prepare FREEZER MEALS!
- Hang nursery art
- Finish the kitchen – We’ve ordered our countertops and are really close to having the plumbing all ready to go for the sink, dishwasher and waterline to the ice maker in the freezer. We also still need to install the microhood and backsplash. But it’s getting there.
Just a few more days of a hectic schedule and then things slow down quite a bit and I cannot wait!